The choice to arm the cruisers with the 76 mm guns was based on a decision taken in 1958 that only guns of that size were adequate in point blank air defence. , Both ships were interned at Malta following Italy's surrender on 3 September 1943. Classe Andrea Doria (incrociatore) Gli incrociatori lanciamissili classe Andrea Doria sono stati i primi incrociatori della Marina Militare Italiana ad essere stati concepiti, in sede di progettazione, come navi portaelicotteri; impostate nel 1958 le due unità navali, Andrea Doria e … Gli incrociatori lanciamissili classe Andrea Doria sono stati i primi incrociatori della Marina Militare Italiana ad essere stati concepiti, in sede di progettazione, come navi portaelicotteri; impostate nel 1958 le due unità navali, Andrea Doria e Caio Duilio, sono entrate in servizio nel 1964. , By the early 1930s, the Regia Marina had begun design work on the new Littorio-class battleships, but it recognized that they would not be complete for some time. Neither vessel saw any combat during the conflict. The ships carried 3,440 rounds for them. Designed to reach a maximum speed of 22 knots (41 km/h; 25 mph) from 32,000 shaft horsepower (24,000 kW), neither of the ships reached this goal on their sea trials, only achieving speeds of 21 to 21.3 knots (38.9 to 39.4 km/h; 24.2 to 24.5 mph). The Andrea Doria class (usually called Caio Duilio class in Italian sources) was a pair of dreadnought battleships built for the Royal Italian Navy (Regia Marina) between 1912 and 1916. It was flanked by compartments on either side, each housing one turbine set powering the outer shafts. Ordered in the 1957-58 Naval Programme, the Andrea Doria class were designed to operate the RIM-2 Terrier surface-to-air missile (SAM) system and Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King helicopters as both a platform for anti-air and anti-submarine warfare. Andrea Doria was undamaged in the raid; repairs for Caio Duilio lasted until May 1941. The two ships were moored in Taranto on the night of 11/12 November 1940 when the British launched a carrier strike on the Italian fleet. They had a beam of 28 meters (91 ft 10 in), and a draft of 9.4 meters (30 ft 10 in). Italy was permitted to retain both battleships after the war, and they alternated as fleet flagship until the early 1950s, when they were removed from active service. , Two of the propeller shafts were removed and the existing turbines were replaced by two sets of Belluzzo geared steam turbines rated at 75,000 shp (56,000 kW). They could fire a 47-kilogram (104 lb) high-explosive projectile with a muzzle velocity of 830 meters per second (2,700 ft/s) to a maximum distance of 16,000 meters (17,000 yd). Un pezzo d’Italia se ne è andato, con la terrificante rapidità delle catastrofi marine e ora giace nella profonda sepoltura dell’oceano.  The changes made during their reconstruction increased their displacement to 28,882 long tons (29,345 t) for Andrea Doria and 29,391 long tons (29,863 t) for Duilio at deep load. The turrets were all on the centerline, with a twin-gun turret superfiring over a triple-gun turret in fore and aft pairs, and a third triple turret amidships, designated 'A', 'B', 'Q', 'X', and 'Y' from front to rear. (couraçado) Origem: Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre.  The ship received an updated electronics package, mounting SPS-40 2-D air search radar, SPG-55C fire control radar and SQS-23 sonar.  In conjunction with the torpedo systems, the Andrea Dorias could embark up to four helicopters. The class included only one sister ship, Caio Duilio.  In February, she was attacked by the British Force H; several warships attempted to shell Caio Duilio while she was in dock, but they scored no hits. Both ships escorted convoys to North Africa in late 1941, including Operation M42, where Andrea Doria saw action at the inconclusive First Battle of Sirte on 17 December. O Andrea Doria foi um navio couraçado operado pela Marinha Real Italiana e a primeira embarcação da Classe Andrea Doria, seguido pelo Caio Duilio. classe Andrea Doria Gli incrociatori lanciamissili classe Andrea Doria sono stati i primi incrociatori della Marina Militare Italiana ad essere stati concepiti, in sede di progettazione, come navi portaelicotteri; impostate nel 1958 le due unità navali, Andrea Doria e Caio Duilio, sono entrate in servizio nel 1964. La Classe Andrea Doria è il complesso delle unità navali italiane appartenenti al più ampio gruppo della Classe Orizzonte (progetto di una nuova generazione di fregate portato avanti da Italia, Francia e, in un primo tempo, Regno Unito). Nuovo!! Caio Duilio was sent to provide a show of force during a dispute over control of İzmir in April 1919 and Andrea Doria assisted in the suppression of Gabriele D'Annunzio's seizure of Fiume in November 1920. A third, Enrico Dandolo (C555), was cancelled. The class was originally intended to be armed with the SMP 3 76 mm/62 gun found on the Albatros-class corvette, however that gun was rated poorly and was replaced. , The frontal protection of the gun turrets was 280 millimeters (11.0 in) in thickness with 240-millimeter (9.4 in) thick sides, and an 85-millimeter (3.3 in) roof and rear. , During World War I, a pair of 50-caliber 76-millimeter guns on high-angle mounts were fitted as anti-aircraft (AA) guns, one gun at the bow and the other on top of 'X' turret. Its aft hangar was removed and replaced with classrooms and two of its 76mm mounts were removed aft. These provided the power to two double reduction geared steam-powered turbines creating 60,000 horsepower (45,000 kW) which drove two shafts. L'Andrea Doria è un cacciatorpediniere lanciamissili (DDG) con designazione D553 (distintivo ottico), un'unità della Classe Orizzonte della Marina Militare. , The ships of the Andrea Doria class were 168.9 meters (554 ft 2 in) long at the waterline, and 176 meters (577 ft 5 in) overall. She was placed on the Genoa to New York City run and embarked on her maiden voyage in 1953. The ships could store a maximum of 1,488 long tons (1,512 t) of coal and 886 long tons (900 t) of fuel oil that gave them a range of 4,800 nautical miles (8,900 km; 5,500 mi) at 10 knots (19 km/h; 12 mph). The two ships were based in southern Italy during World War I to help ensure that the Austro-Hungarian Navy's surface fleet would be contained in the Adriatic. Classe Andrea Doria. In 1926 the rangefinders were upgraded and a fixed aircraft catapult was mounted on the port side of the forecastle for a Macchi M.18 seaplane. Sources disagree regarding these guns' performance, but naval historian Giorgio Giorgerini says that they fired 452-kilogram (996 lb) armor-piercing (AP) projectiles at the rate of one round per minute and that they had a muzzle velocity of 840 m/s (2,800 ft/s), which gave a maximum range of 24,000 meters (26,000 yd). Andrea Doria è un cacciatorpediniere lanciamissili o DDG (DD = Destroyer, Cacciatorpediniere, G = Guided-missile, Lanciamissili) con designazione D 553 (sigla o distintivo ottico dello scafo che denota la nave, in cui D sta sempre per Destroyer). , Initially, the Andrea Doria class was equipped with SPS-12 and SPS-39A radars for air search and surveillance and SPQ-2 for navigation. The center engine room housed one set of turbines that drove the two inner propeller shafts. , The cruisers were also equipped with six 324-millimetre (13 in) Mk32 torpedo tubes in two triple mounts. The Andrea Doria class formed the basis for the larger Vittorio Veneto that followed them. La classe Andrea Doria ou Caio Duilio est un groupe de deux cuirassés dreadnought construits pour la Regia Marina au début des années 1910 et achevés au cours de la Première Guerre mondiale.Il s'agit d'une amélioration de la classe Conte di Cavour précédente. Autodichiarazione palestra “Andrea Doria” In allegato il modulo che devono portare compilato gli alunni che, a partire dall’11 gennaio, si recheranno alla palestra “Andrea Doria”. , Italian naval ship classes of World War I. Friedman provides a variety of sources that show armor-piercing shell weights ranging from 416.92 to 452.32 kilograms (919.16 to 997.2 lb) and muzzle velocities around 861 m/s (2,820 ft/s). , The class was powered by four Foster Wheeler boilers. Fore and aft transverse bulkheads connected the belt to the decks.  Repair work lasted until May 1941, when she rejoined the fleet at Taranto.  They were provided with a complete double bottom and their hulls were subdivided by 23 longitudinal and transverse bulkheads. Alla Classe Andrea Doria appartengono: Andrea Doria … Alla classe Andrea Doria appartengono: Andrea Doria (D 553); Caio Duilio (D 554). Classe Andrea Doria. See more ideas about andrea doria, andrea, cruise ship. Aug 26, 2020 - Explore Hospitalityimagineering's board "Andrea doria" on Pinterest. The boilers were replaced by eight superheated Yarrow boilers. The design of the preceding Conte di Cavour-class battleships was generally satisfactory and was adopted with some minor changes. Neither the Italians nor the British pressed their attacks and the battle ended inconclusively. , Learn how and when to remove this template message, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Andrea_Doria-class_cruiser&oldid=848866918, Articles needing additional references from January 2013, All articles needing additional references, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, 6,000 nmi (11,000 km; 6,900 mi) at 20 kn (37 km/h; 23 mph), 4 Foster Wheeler boilers, 60,000 hp (45,000 kW). She and Andrea Doria were present during the British attack on Taranto on the night of 11/12 November 1940. Two license-built 2-pounder AA guns were also fitted. The ships were also provided with eight Oto Melara 76 mm/62 MMI guns to be used for point-blank anti-aircraft defence. Convoy escort work continued into early 1942, but thereafter the fleet began to suffer from a severe shortage of fuel, which kept the ships in port for the next two years. Ils … , The class consisted of two vessels both commissioned in 1964 and in service into the late 1980s. By that time, Italy had entered World War II on the side of the Axis powers. , Caio Duilio received only a marginal modernisation in 1979-80 and instead was modified to become a training ship. They had a crew of 31 officers and 969 enlisted men. Andrea Doria was undamaged in the raid, but Caio Duilio was hit by a torpedo on her starboard side. , The flight deck measured 30 by 16 metres (98 by 52 ft) and was placed aft of the superstructure. These mostly concerned the reduction of the superstructure by shortening the forecastle deck, the consequent lowering of the amidships gun turret and the upgrading of the secondary armament to sixteen 152-millimeter (6 in) guns in lieu of the eighteen 120-millimeter (4.7 in) guns of the older ships. The Andrea Doria was, in truth, a work of perfection, a wonderful combination of great ocean liner and luxurious grand hotel. The ships were also fitted with three submerged 45-centimeter (17.7 in) torpedo tubes, one on each broadside and the third in the stern. Both ships were scrapped after 1956. Their positions tended to be wet in heavy seas, especially the rear guns. Andrea Doria was named after the 16th-century Genoese admiral of the same name. Sua construção começou em março de 1912 nos estaleiros do Arsenal de La Spezia e foi lançado ao mar um ano depois em março de 1913, sendo comissionado na frota italiana no início … In 1958 a … The Andrea Doria class were helicopter cruisers of the Italian Navy. Atop the conning tower there was a fire-control director fitted with three large rangefinders.  The existing underwater protection was replaced by the Pugliese system that consisted of a large cylinder surrounded by fuel oil or water that was intended to absorb the blast of a torpedo warhead. These guns had the same range of elevation as the secondary guns, and their rate of fire was higher at 10 rounds per minute. Andrea Doria was modernised in 1976-78, exchanging the RIM-2 missiles for the SM-1ER surface-to-air missile. They fired a 6-kilogram (13 lb) AP projectile with a muzzle velocity of 815 meters per second (2,670 ft/s) to a maximum distance of 9,100 meters (10,000 yd). The Andrea Doria was built in 1951 by Ansaldo Shipyards in Genoa Italy for the Italia de Navigazione S.p.A. better known as the Italian Line. Classe Andrea Doria; O Andrea Doria após sua modernização Origem Itália; Operador(es) Marinha Real Italiana Marinha Militar Italiana: Construtor(es) La Spezia Castellammare di Stabia Precedida por Classe Conte di Cavour: Sucedida por Classe Francesco Caracciolo: Período de construção 1912–1916 Em serviço 1915–1956 Planejados 2 Construídos 2 Regio Cantiere di Castellammare di Stabia, "Dalle "Littorio" Alle "Impero" – Navi da battaglia, studi e programmi navali in Italia nella seconda metà degli anni Trenta", Italian naval ship classes of World War II, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Andrea_Doria-class_battleship&oldid=996336452, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, 28,882–29,391 long tons (29,345–29,863 t) (deep load), 4,000 nmi (7,400 km; 4,600 mi) at 18 knots (33 km/h; 21 mph), This page was last edited on 26 December 2020, at 00:14. She was named after the fifteenth century Genoese Admiral Andrea Doria.  Admiral Paolo Thaon di Revel, the Italian naval chief of staff, believed that Austro-Hungarian submarines and minelayers could operate effectively in the narrow waters of the Adriatic. After the war, they cruised the Mediterranean and were involved in several international incidents, including at Corfu in 1923. The Andrea Doria-class ships were designed by naval architect Vice Admiral (Generale del Genio navale) Giuseppe Valsecchi and were ordered in response to French plans to build the Bretagne-class battleships. The two ships—Andrea Doria and Caio Duilio—were completed during World War I. , Both battleships were completed after Italy entered World War I on the side of the Triple Entente, though neither saw action, since Italy's principal naval opponent, the Austro-Hungarian Navy, largely remained in port for the duration of the war. , The Andrea Doria-class ships had a complete waterline armor belt with a maximum thickness of 250 millimeters (9.8 in) that reduced to 130 millimeters (5.1 in) towards the stern and 80 millimeters (3.1 in) towards the bow. Italy's first major new designs of the post–World War II era, these ships were primarily designed for anti-submarine warfare tasks. The hull was based on the Impavido class, with a length of 149.3 metres (489 ft 10 in) and an enlarged beam to allow for the installation of a flight deck and hangar, measuring 17.3 metres (56 ft 9 in). During the latter, Andrea Doria and Giulio Cesare engaged British cruisers and destroyers in the First Battle of Sirte on the first day of the operation. La corazzata Caio Duilio è rimasta in servizio nella Regia Marina e quindi nella Marina Militare Italiana complessivamente per oltre 40 anni. In addition, the cost of the reconstruction would be not much less than the cost of building a brand new Littorio-class battleship; moreover, the reconstruction work caused bottlenecks in the providing of steel plates, that caused substantial delays in the construction of the modern battleships, which otherwise might have been completed at an earlier date.  The forward superstructure was rebuilt with a new forward conning tower, protected with 260-millimeter (10.2 in) thick armor. Initially planned for three ships, the two ships that were constructed, Andrea Doria and Caio Duilio served until 1991 in both active and training capacities. Her sister ship was the Cristoforo Colombo. The vessels had a draught of 5.0 m (16 ft 5 in) and displaced 5,000 tons standard and 6,500 tons loaded. She was grounded to prevent her from sinking in the harbor and temporary repairs were effected to allow her to travel to Genoa for permanent repairs, which began in January 1941. Il progetto della nave e della sua gemella Andrea Doria era derivato da quello della classe Conte di Cavour. [Note 1], The secondary armament on the two ships consisted of sixteen 45-caliber 152-millimeter (6 in) guns, also designed by Armstrong Whitworth, mounted in casemates on the sides of the hull underneath the main guns. : In 1933, both ships were placed in reserve. The Andrea Doria class formed the basis for the larger Vittorio Veneto that followed them. , Andrea Doria and Caio Duilio both cruised in the eastern Mediterranean after the war, and both were involved in postwar disputes over control of various cities. As a stop-gap measure in response to the new French Dunkerque-class battleships, the navy decided to modernize its old battleships; work on the two surviving Conte di Cavours began in 1933 and the two Andrea Dorias followed in 1937. Gardiner, Robert; Chumbley, Stephen & Budzbon, Przemysław (1995). Andrea Doria was the lead ship of her class of battleships built by the Regia Marina (Royal Navy). These guns could depress to −5 degrees and had a maximum elevation of +20 degrees; they had a rate of fire of six shots per minute. Autodichiarazione-palestra-Andrea-Doria Download […] In 1937 the ships began a lengthy reconstruction. This page was last edited on 4 July 2018, at 22:12. The two ships joined the 5th Division based at Taranto.  The guns were automatically controlled by the Italian-designed NA-9 Orion fire control system guided by the SPG-70 radar. In addition the ships were fitted with fifteen 54-caliber Breda 37-millimeter (1.5 in) light AA guns in six twin-gun and three single mounts and sixteen 20-millimeter (0.8 in) Breda Model 35 AA guns, also in twin mounts. In January 1925, Andrea Doria visited Lisbon, Portugal, to represent Italy during the celebration marking the 400th anniversary of the death of explorer Vasco da Gama. They displaced 22,956 long tons (23,324 t) at normal load, and 24,729 long tons (25,126 t) at deep load. Andrea Doria Class.  The work lasted until July 1940 for Duilio and October 1940 for Andrea Doria.  Caio Duilio sailed away from Taranto on 14 February with a pair of light cruisers and seven destroyers in order to intercept the British convoy MW 9, bounded from Alexandria to Malta, but the force could not locate the British ships, and so returned to port.  In early 1942 the rearmost 20-millimeter mounts were replaced by twin 37-millimeter gun mounts and the 20-millimeter guns were moved to the roof of Turret 'B', while the RPC motors from the stabilized mounts of the 90 mm guns were removed.
Posto Incantevole In Inglese, Augusto Storia Facile, Chopin Notturno Op 9 N 2 Difficoltà, Partite Scacchi Grandi Maestri, Agriturismo Con Stanze, Anche Per Te Testo, Californication Tab Pdf, Sunflower Vol 6 Traduzione, Formazione Genoa 90/91,